To import checklist values from the CSV file - first, you need to properly set-up "Checklists" custom field on your Jira instance. Follow "Checklists" Custom Field carefully to do so.
The next steps describe an actual importing process.
- Prepare the CSV file.
- Formatting should properly keep new lines
- Download CSV Import Example.csv
- Navigate to the Jira issues list on your Jira instance and choose "Import issues from CSV" (top-right menu) item
- Choose CSV source file and click Next
- Choose Project and other import settings.
- Set fields mapping.
- Choose "Summary" field for Summary. "Map field value" must be checked
Choose "Checklists" custom field.
- Do the last check before the import or Validate mapping
- Your data should be imported. Check success message from where you can navigate to the item's listing
- And see imported issues
- Go to Issue View and check how Smart Checklist will render imported values