You can add, change, append values of Smart Checklist content using Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE) add-on.
Smart Checklist can be tightly integrated and expanded with JMWE tools (read add-on documentation)
Use Case: Append Smart Checklist items while transitioning Jira issue
- Edit project Workflow
- Add Post-Function to the transition you want. E.g. "In QA"
- Choose proper post Function type
- Jira Cloud: "Set Entity Property value (JMWE add-on)"
Set Property Name to update to:
If you want to keep/use current values of checklist - add to the beginning of editor:
- Add the values of checklist items that you'd like to add to the existing checklist. Use Formatting Guide
- Save Post Function by clicking "Add"
- Check added post function and Publish Draft
- Then when you will try to move a Jira Issue from any states to "In QA" (in our case) - you'll get a new piece of Smart Checklist checklist and new items added